Today is Day 5… and more and more of my friends think I’m crazy (but that’s nothing new)…
I’ve been eating well… but I’ve already learned quite a bit just from first five day:
- I’m addicted to coffee. I had the worst caffeine withdrawal headache on day 2… I was out of commission for 2 hours because my headache was so bad. I still really love the taste of coffee, but I will work on cutting down when I go back to drinking coffee in July.
- I went to the market on Day 1 so I would have enough of my 7 foods for the first week. This might be a record, but I was in and out of the market in 10 minutes. I usually take close to an hour shopping for food for the week… but given that I knew exactly what I could buy, I didn’t waste time looking around at new items, comparing brands and prices, etc… Wow, I just saved myself a lot of time!
- My week’s grocery bill was $35!!!! Every time I go, I spend about $100 on average… I just saved a lot of money!!!
- I can get very creative about making food just with my 7 items. I do not feel deprived in any way… I’ve been eating well… and I’m thankful.
- I’ve eaten out with people twice, and now that I’m very aware of what I’m eating, I’m amazed by how many ingredients go into everything you order in a restaurant! I seriously live such comfortable life… and I think I easily eat 7 items per meal. I have a new perspective on what I’m privileged and blessed to eat.
- When I started, I said this wasn’t about being legalistic… so when I went over to my cousins’ house, they had my favorite food waiting for me–sushi and crab! I couldn’t say no especially knowing that they went out of their way to feed me my favorites! I was able to cheat one day, and I see it as a blessing from God… God continues to bless me abundantly even in the midst of my challenges!
- I’m more challenged to simplify my life!!!! And excited to see what lessons and experiences the next 25 days will bring!