It’s been 3 full months since I last blogged… I keep thinking “I have to write about that…” and then life gets busy–super busy!!! okay… I also get distracted–super distracted!!!
I’ve been doing a lot of thinking, contemplating, and analyzing lately… and I thought I needed to re-start writing down my thoughts again… at least for my benefit! But where do I start? Hmmm… I thought I’d start with some things I have learned, experienced, felt, and thought in the past 3 months. These are random thoughts in no particular order. Some are fun (or funny), some are serious. Some are shallow, some are deep. Some are just plain silly…
- Disneyland really is magical!
- It’s really hard to lose weight when you love food as much as I do.
- I’m ridiculously blessed with some of the most amazing girlfriends in the world!
- When there is a good purpose, I don’t mind losing sleep to get things done.
- Easter reminded me that it was worth losing sleep to prepare to help people experience Jesus.
- Sleep, however, is under-rated! I really do love sleep.
- The spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak… really weak… (sigh…)
- Kids are more than capable of experiencing Jesus in a personal way! When I hear stories of kids experiencing Jesus, it puts the biggest smile on my face.
- I feel alive when I’m challenged to think of ways to make Jesus real to kids!
- I really miss traveling and experiencing new people, place, and food!
- I think I may be a bit obsessed with juicing.
- I have the most amazing ministry friends in the world that challenges me!
- I go to a messy church with messy people… but it’s all good cuz I’m pretty messed up myself.
- Consistency is so important in helping toddlers and preschoolers overcome separation anxiety. But it’s totally possible!
- I also feel alive when I get to train, equip, and develop kidmin leaders and volunteers!
- Clear communication is soooooooo important!
- You can never over-communicate!
- Maturity has very little to do with age! I’ve met more mature 20-year olds than 55-year olds. Sad but true…
- We all have massive baggage… we all need help!
- I’m a lot more selfish than I thought I was. It was kind of traumatizing to come to that realization.
- Most Asians aren’t used to a loud, opinionated Asian girl who speaks her mind. I really do have filter… most of the time…
- I really am an introvert… I’m just good at pretending to be an extrovert.
- Why can’t someone figure out how to keep my lashes long without having to use latisse or revitalash every day?
- I really wish I could get a massage every week… I think that would contribute to staying healthy and sane!
- It really brings me joy when I get to introduce people to my favorite foods!
- People are difficult!
- It’s really a lot of work to grow in relationships with people… and that’s really what I spend a lot of my time doing… God’s amazing/cruel sense of humor…
- I hope to have a sense of humor like God!
- I wish I had “delete all and start over” button… I wish it almost every week…
- One day, I’ll just wake up and head to the gym instead of thinking “I really should get up and go to the gym.” I hope that day comes this month!
2 thoughts on “Things I Have Learned These Past 3 Months…”
Great stuff, Gloria. I’m glad you’re back in the blogging saddle!
I was just thinking last night how you hadn’t posted in a long time. #13 rings true for me too.